If you are looking to obtain an international degree in the US, there are several things you need to consider. These include the Department of Education, the State licensing boards, and nonprofit agencies. You should also take note of the accreditation status of your prospective college.

State licensing boards

When applying to a college or other institution in the United States, many candidates will need to have their foreign credentials evaluated. This process is necessary to determine whether the applicant meets the standards set by the institution. Some states require this evaluation, but it is not required in all cases.

For foreign degree holders, there is a variety of credential evaluation services that will be able to help them. Whether you are looking to gain access to a government job or pursue further education abroad, a credential evaluation is a key part of the application process.

Depending on the type of evaluation that you need, it may be important to find an equivalency service that is endorsed by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. NACES is an association that is dedicated to promoting ethical practice and ensuring that its members meet high standards of excellence.

Among the different types of evaluations available are course-by-course, professional work experience, and credential evaluations. A course-by-course credential evaluation report will indicate what courses you took, what grades you earned, and the overall academic performance of the educational system in the United States. The document will also state the equivalency of each course or a degree.

Professional work experience credential evaluation is commonly provided to individuals applying for H-1B visas in the United States. It will also provide an assessment of an individual’s educational history and work history.

Foreign degree evaluations in the USA are performed by a licensed, specialized, and credentialed service. These services are available for a fee, and take about 7 business days to complete.

Those who are considering pursuing licensure in the United States should contact the appropriate licensing authority for a copy of the requirements. They will be able to give you more information about the evaluation process and expectations of the educational level that you need to meet in order to get your license.

Most applicants will be referred by their state licensing board to the NCEES Credentials Evaluations for evaluation. This service will evaluate the educational qualifications of a candidate and compare it to an ABET-accredited degree.

Nonprofit agencies

The best way to go about evaluating a foreign degree is to contact an organization that specializes in the task. The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) is one such entity. This group is a non-profit organization that accredits private companies in the credential evaluation arena. Some organizations will even offer their services for a fee.

There are many such organizations but the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) has been the steward of the coveted gold standard in this area for decades. The CIOE manages a number of valuable exchange programs for its 340 members across the country. Moreover, its services are not limited to foreign students. It also serves approximately 1,000 high schools in the U.S. Among its other services are the aforementioned credentials evaluations.

In particular, the most lauded CIOE program is the study abroad program for high school and college students. This is the oldest study abroad organization in the U.S. and the aforementioned CIOE website boasts the largest collection of exemplary study abroad programs in the nation. To date, CIOE has helped over a million students and educators gain knowledge and skills for a globalized world. Besides, the aforementioned program is also the most cost effective. For just a few hundred dollars you can take a big step forward in your career goals.

Not to mention, the aforementioned CIOE has a long list of satisfied clients. Similarly, the aforementioned CIOE has also been credited with helping to send thousands of people on the trip of a lifetime. Among its illustrious alumni are presidents, senators, and congressmen. A well-crafted study abroad program can help your child to get the most out of their college experience. By taking the CIOE route, you can be sure that the results will be nothing but positive.

Finally, the aforementioned CIOE boasts a stellar staff that takes great pride in providing a top-notch service to its clients. From the aforementioned credential evaluations to a robust international student registration service, CIOE delivers unparalleled support to its members.

Department of Education

Getting a foreign education evaluated can be a complicated process. Before you apply for a job in the USA, make sure your credentials have been properly evaluated. There are a few different types of evaluations available. Some can be expedited. However, they’re not free. It can cost $200 or more to get a foreign degree evaluation done in the USA.

Evaluating your educational background can help you land a good job, negotiate a pay raise, or climb the corporate ladder. But it’s important to choose the right service. Not all services offer the same level of quality or support. You can find reviews on the web to ensure your choice is a wise one.

The first step to getting your foreign education evaluated is to find a reputable organization. You want to make sure you work with a credential evaluator who can translate your credentials into English.

To get a foreign degree evaluated, you’ll need to have all of your documents in one place. Depending on the company you use, you can expect to receive your report in seven business days. If you want it faster, you’ll need to pay an extra fee.

If you’re applying for a government job, your credentials may have to be evaluated. This can take a few weeks or months. For example, the Butte-Glenn Community College District requires an evaluation of all foreign transcripts.

Depending on the evaluation, you may need to show that your international degree is a comparable education to a US education. You might also need to provide information on the evaluator’s qualifications.

The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) is a national association of credential evaluation services. NACES members must follow a strict code of conduct and meet a number of other standards. They evaluate foreign educational credits for employment purposes and other purposes.

A certified foreign education evaluation can help you qualify for a US college or university. It can also help you secure a job in the U.S. Using the same language as your foreign credentials can help you negotiate a higher salary.


If you are looking to apply for a green card, work visa, or professional license in the United States, you will need to submit an evaluation of your foreign degree to USCIS. This is necessary because the educational systems in different countries are different. The evaluation will help you determine whether your foreign degree is equivalent to a U.S. degree, and what type of education you need to complete your specific profession.

There are several options available to you when it comes to evaluating your foreign degree. You can choose to obtain your evaluation online, or you can send it by mail. Your evaluation will be ready within one to seven business days.

To get a credential evaluation, you will need to find a service that can provide an official and detailed evaluation of your foreign degree. Several organizations offer this service, including Surge Global and Bruscan Educational Information Services. Both services are trusted and affordable.

A credential evaluation focuses on the grade, content, and grade point average of your courses. It also outlines how many courses you took, and what grade you earned in each. When submitting your evaluation to USCIS, you will need an official transcript of your coursework and a copy of your diploma.

If you have a non-English degree, you will need to provide a translation. You will also need to state whether or not you are fluent in the language.

If you are applying for an H-1B visa, you will need to prove that your foreign degree is equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree. In addition, you will need to demonstrate that you have work experience that is equivalent to your educational background.

If you are applying for an employment-based green card, you will need to present an evaluation of your highest degree. You can achieve this by working at a company that is approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).

If you are looking to pursue a career in the U.S., you will need to make sure that your international credentials are accepted by employers and educational institutions. Many colleges and universities will accept a foreign degree, but you should check with the educational institution to ensure that your education is acceptable in the U.S.

Chelsea Glover