TikTok has given a number of aspiring creators the opportunity to make a living off of their content, but if you’re still new to the platform, knowing when is the best time to post on TikTok can be a bit tricky.
Instinctively, you’ll likely want to post your videos as soon as they’re finished and in top shape. That might not always be the best thing to do if you want the most engagement, though.
Since TikTok has such a global audience, with videos discoverable in any region and at any time through its For You Page algorithm, you have to pay extra attention to detail when it comes to the times you post.
We’ve looked at some studies and deduced when the most effective times to post would be, but it’s worth considering the fact that your audience, the hashtags and sounds you use, and the actual content quality are all important factors.
- Best TikTok posting times
- Do TikTok posting times matter?
- How to check TikTok audience analytics
- Figuring out the best time to post for your audience
- Other ways to grow on TikTok
Best TikTok posting times
According to a huge study conducted by Influence Marketing Hub, these are the best times to post. These times are all in EST, and bolded times apparently offer even higher levels of engagement:
- Monday: 6 AM, 10 AM, 10 PM
- Tuesday: 2 AM, 4 AM, 9 AM
- Wednesday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 11 PM
- Thursday: 9 AM, 12 PM, 7 PM
- Friday: 5 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM
- Saturday: 11 AM, 7 PM, 8 PM
- Sunday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 4 PM
As you can see from the information above, three of the best recommended times to post on TikTok are Tuesdays at 9AM EST, Thursdays at 12PM EST, and Fridays at 5AM EST.
The study analyzed over 100,000 posts to find the highest engagement rates, so it’s a pretty solid starting point. Having said that, there are several other factors to take into account when deciding on a time to post.
Do TikTok posting times matter?
In short, yes. TikTok posting times are essential to triggering the algorithm and getting your videos more views.
TikTok’s algorithm decides whether to push a video depending on how much watch time, views and engagement a video gets. Therefore, it’s important that videos are posted at times when people are more likely to watch.
Posting a video at a time when not many people are using TikTok, will result in less engagement, thus less reach.
How to check your TikTok audience analytics
Figuring out your audience is an essential part of knowing when to post, and using TikTok’s Analytics feature will help you do this. You’ll need a Pro Account, but the good news is that it’s totally free.
Here’s how to check your Analytics on TikTok:
- Open the TikTok app and navigate to your profile.
- Go to the Settings and Privacy menu by tapping the three dots at the top right.
- Choose ‘Manage Account’ and check if you have the option to ‘Switch to Pro Account’.
- If you do, choose that and follow the steps. If you don’t, you’re already set up.
- Next, head back to the Settings and Privacy menu and choose ‘Creator Tools’.
- Tap on ‘Analytics’ and you’ll be able to view your stats.
There are a few things you can look at under Analytics, but the most important section for you to visit right now is ‘Follower Insights’. Here, you can learn more about your followers, including demographics and gender.
Figuring out the best time to post for your audience
Once you’ve got access to Analytics on TikTok, you can start to do some research and build a plan for the perfect time to post new content.
Looking at your ‘Top Territories’ will inform you which countries engage with your content the most. Then, checking on your ‘Follower Activity’ will let you track your followers’ activity by the hour, allowing you to see when they’re most active.
- Read More: How to reply to TikTok comments with a video
From here, you can figure out a plan for your specific audience. For example, if you have a lot of viewers from both the UK and the US, you could post in the afternoon on UK time (BST) which will also hit the morning scrollers in US time (PST).
As you start to build out an audience, it’ll become easier to know what to post and when, but for now, this should be used as a helpful guideline to get you going.
Other ways to grow on TikTok
Even though we’ve discussed the best time to post on TikTok, there are more factors that influence growth on the platform.
For those who want to achieve the best possible growth on their TikTok account, implementing the following tips will surely help:
- Post AT LEAST once a day. Consistency is important when trying to gain favor with the algorithm.
- Stick to one content type or niche. While it may be tempting to experiment, finding your niche allows TikTok to better recommend your content.
- Hop on trends as soon as possible. Trends are a sure-fire way to grow due to their popularity and the reach you can gain in return.
So there you have it. Everything you need to know about the best time to post on TikTok to maximize growth.
If you’re looking for more TikTok content, check out our Entertainment page.