Commercial vehicle insurance is needed for cars, trucks and vans used to run your business. Large fleets, as well as small businesses, need to be properly covered by commercial auto insurance policies.
What is Commercial Car Insurance?
Commercial vehicle insurance is a policy of personal injury և liability coverage for the use of funds, situations և that are not covered by the personal car insurance policy. This type of business insurance covers many types of commercial vehicles, from business vehicles to service vehicles, including commercial trucks and a wide range of commercial vehicles.
Which vehicles are covered by the car insurance policy?
Trucks, food trucks, work vans արկման utility service trucks are just a few examples of larger commercial vehicles that will require a commercial auto insurance policy, including car operators է possibly to cover the equipment inside. You may have heard of this coverage, which is called Commercial Insurance, Commercial Insurance, Truck Insurance, or Fleet Insurance. While commercial vehicle insurance is more often associated with trucks or more well-known work vehicles, conventional vehicles may require commercial vehicle policies if they are used for business purposes.
Why do you need commercial vehicle insurance?
Some Business Uses տես Vehicles may be excluded from your personal car insurance policy. Why? Because personal car policies are not intended for business, they are written and valued differently. More important to you as a business owner or manager, businesses often need some of the coverage found in their car insurance policy.
Determining if your situation requires automatic trading coverage can still be confusing. Here’s a little more information և examples of when you need commercial insurance.
What is covered by commercial vehicle insurance?
Commercial vehicle insurance, like your personal car policy, provides similar coverage, such as liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments (or personal injury protection), և uninsured driver coverage. However, there are differences between your car insurance policy and your personal car policy, which may include eligibility, definitions, coverage, exclusions, and restrictions.
What coverage is there in the commercial vehicle policy?
- Bodily injury liability coverage – pays for the bodily injury or death caused by the accident, which is your fault և in many cases provides you with legal protection.
- Property damage liability coverage – provides you with protection if your car accidentally damages another person’s property և in many cases provides you with legal protection.
- Combined Single Limit (CSL) – Liability policy usually offers separate limits that apply to bodily injury claims for property damage. The Combined Common Restriction Policy has the same dollar coverage for each covered event, whether bodily injury or property damage, to one or more individuals.
- Medical payments without fault or personal injury coverage – usually pays for the medical expenses of your car վարորդ driver և passengers, which were covered by the accident, regardless of fault.
- Coverage of uninsured drivers – pays for your injuries և, in some circumstances, for certain property damage caused by an uninsured or hit driver. In some cases, Coverage of underinsured drivers is included. This is for cases where the guilty driver has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive physical injury coverage – Pays for damage to your car from theft, vandalism, floods, fire, or other covered hazards.
- Collision coverage – Pays for damage to your car when it hits or hits another object.
Why should I buy my commercial car insurance from GEICO?
When you think of GEICO, you think of competitive pricing իան excellent service – two very good reasons to have your business auto policy with GEICO. You also want a company that has the resources to pay for your claims. GEICO, a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., has amassed more than $ 32 billion * in assets. Learn more about GEICO’s financial strength և awards and ratings that set GEICO apart from other companies. Some of our policies are provided through the National Indemnity Company (NICO), which is also a member of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group. Best of all, when you call, you get the same great service from GEICO. Learn more about why your in-car insurance policy with GEICO is a good step for your business.
Call (866) 509-9444 for more information on GEICO Commercial Car Insurance, or go online to request a free commercial car insurance quote.
Are the tools and materials in the commercial vehicle insurance policy?
Unattached tools and materials transported by your car no Covered by commercial car insurance.
Tools և Equipment is best covered as part of a business owner’s policy or general liability policy.
Who’s insured to drive my commercial vehicle?
Your automated trading policy may cover: employees, family members և others as drivers.
If someone drives more than an emergency, you need to add them as a driver to your policy.
What if I need certain contract limits?
GEICO Commercial Auto Insurance may offer higher liability limits than personal auto insurance. If a specific contract requires higher limits than you already have, call us at (866) 509-9444.
If necessary, we can also provide proof of your commitment limits for your job applications և contracts.
Is my trailer automatically covered by commercial vehicle insurance?
It depends on the size of the trailer.
- The gross weight of the car is less than 2000 pounds. It is automatically covered for liability. You need to add it to your policy to get full coverage in case of theft or damage.
- More than 2000 pounds (usually more than one axis). The clip will not be covered unless you add it to your policy.
What other types of business insurance does GEICO offer?
GEICO can help you with this type of business freelance insurance.
- General responsibilityCovers damage to your business property or bodily injury to others.
- Professional responsibilityCovers the services you provide in case of making a mistake and / or suing.
- Business Owner PolicyCovers goods and equipment, plus bodily harm to others or property damage in your area. Covers the damage of the area, the costs of business interruption.
- Employee compensationCovers your employees if they are injured on the job.
The above is intended as general information ընդհանուր as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverage. These descriptions do not apply to any specific insurance contract, do not change any definition, exclusion or any other provision expressly stated in any insurance contract. We encourage you to talk to your insurance agent և read your policy agreement to fully understand your coverage.
Coverage is provided by the Government Employees Insurance Company. In some cases, coverage is provided through GEICO Insurance, LLC, or under an agreement with the National Indemnity Company (NICO), Berkshire Hathaway Branch, or non-affiliated insurers. Some discounts, coverage, payment plans և opportunities are not available in all states. The State Employees Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. GEICO. Washington, DC 20076
- 1 What is Commercial Car Insurance?
- 2 Why do you need commercial vehicle insurance?
- 3 What is covered by commercial vehicle insurance?
- 4 Why should I buy my commercial car insurance from GEICO?
- 5 Are the tools and materials in the commercial vehicle insurance policy?
- 6 Who’s insured to drive my commercial vehicle?
- 7 What if I need certain contract limits?
- 8 Is my trailer automatically covered by commercial vehicle insurance?
- 9 What other types of business insurance does GEICO offer?