Most of us have a laid back attitude when it comes to painting a picture about ourselves. But most of us do not know the basics of vehicle maintenance or repair. Do it yourself in the spirit: With a few basic tips you can learn how to do everything on the car.
First, find your car owner’s manual. This is a top-level guide to most key components, complete with suggestions for troubleshooting your specific brand և model.
How to jump և start the car
Always keep the following in your car.
- Jumper cablesThe longer, the better.
- Mechanical glovesAt least disposable gloves, but heavy duty gloves provide more protection
- Flashlight:Always convenient to keep in your car.
- Paper coversProtection for your clothes. Paint shops usually carry them
- Owner’s manualYou can often find it in your car glove box
To jump on your car, you need to find someone who has a car that will provide a jump on your battery. It may be safe to use common sense when seeking help from people you do not know. Do not accept the help of someone you do not feel comfortable with, be sure to call your loved one so that he knows exactly where you are and what is happening.
Before you և your assistant start the jump start process, here are a few words of caution.
- Read your owner’s manual first. Your manufacturer may advise you not to skip starting your car due to sensitive electronic circuits.
- Do not attempt to jump off a frozen battery.
- DO NOT jump on a battery that is cracked or leaking. This is very dangerous. You need to buy a new battery right now, so call a tow truck or a friend who can help.
- Make sure the battery is not dry. Check the fluid level in individual cells ավել add water accordingly. For details և warnings, check your owner’s manual.
- If the battery is corroded (white or greenish dust), try cleaning it with a wire brush, aluminum foil, or anything other than your hand, as chemicals can damage your skin. Be sure to cover your nose: mouth to avoid inhaling dust as it irritates the lungs.
- As soon as you start the cable connection process, NEVER let any of the hook clamps touch. Everyone should hold the ends of the cables պահ hold the two clamps separately (one in each hand is a good idea).
Step by step guide.
- Start by protecting your clothes և hands with protective clothing or a blanket on the floor և with gloves.
- Open the cover for your car. Sometimes, when you “throw” the hat, it is necessary to release the latch. This can be found by holding your fingers under a slightly open cap until you find a small lever that you can press. Use the stick to open the cap while you work.
- Insert the battery. If you are unsure of where to find the battery, your owner’s manual should provide instructions or a picture to guide you.
- Make sure the donor car is parked near your car և it is off before starting.
- There are two dead end “terminals” on the battery. One is positive (+), usually red և one is negative (-), usually s!
- The positive terminal column (+ or red) should have a plastic cover that opens easily to reveal the metal inside. Remember that when you start connecting cables to each component, you want it to be as strong as possible to ensure a secure, complete connection.
- Take the POSITIVE (red) clamp և attach it to the positive terminal column of the dead car (+ or red). Fasteners should have metal teeth that help secure the terminal column.
- Take the POSITIVE (red) clamp at the opposite end of the cable և Attach it to the positive terminal pole (+ or red) of a well-functioning battery. Their car still has to be turned off.
- Then take the NEGATIVE (s) clamp from that end and connect it to the working battery (-) terminal.
- Take the final NEGATIVE (cc) clamp և attach it to the unpainted metal surface located on the main engine block of the bouncing machine (yours). A good metal surface can be a metal nut or screw,: better away from the battery to provide a solid foundation.
- At this point, when all connections are secured, start the donor machine. Try to start your car in a few minutes. If your car does not start, wait a few minutes and try again.
- If this does not work, stop. Working in reverse order, turn off each of the clamps և thank the donor car owner. It is time to turn to specialists for help.
- When the dead machine is started, check the battery light on the instrument panel. If it is switched on, it may mean that the variable does not charge the battery, և the driver should not run the car for long periods of time. If so, seek professional help.
- If your car is running, let it run for a few minutes to recharge your battery.
- Disconnect the clamps in reverse order as you set them. Be sure to drive your car for about 30 minutes before restarting to allow the battery to continue to charge. Otherwise, you may need one more flight.
Take a look at the Jump Start Box or Jump n ‘Carry for yourself. These little boxes cost about $ 150, but they can provide you with a solo flight no matter where you are. Be sure to read the details և your owner’s manual to make sure this is your car version.
Print this article և Keep it in your glove box for easy reference.
A dead battery is just one of the things that GEICO Emergency Road Service can help you with if you are locked out. Add it to your car insurance policy today for just one kopeck a day.
Next article. How to check tire pressure